It’s still Chinese New Year, so I am not too late, right? : ) Here’s the last of my CNY bake this year. The ever popular Chinese Peanut Cookie.
I had previously posted the recipe in my previous attempt but I modified a little this time. The great thing about this cookie is that the recipe is very forgiving. You can adjust it accordingly to your taste. If you want it more “peanuty”(is there such a word?? 😛 ), add more peanuts. Add more flour if you want it less “peanuty”. Go ahead, try it. You can’t go wrong with it.
500 gm ( 17.5 ounces) roasted peanuts – finely ground
600 gm (21 ounces) self-rising flour
250 gm ( 8.8 ounces) icing sugar
3 cups oil (approximately) – I only used about 2 cups ‘cos I used spanish peanuts which had a little oil in them. Just add enough for the dough to bind together and you can form a ball.
- Mix peanuts, flour and sugar together till well-mixed.
- Drizzle in oil and mix till you can form a ball with the dough. Do not add in all the oil at one time. Just add enough for the dough to be formed.
- Either use a mini cookie scoop or shape by hand into little balls.
- Use a straw to poke a little hole in the middle (optional)
- Apply eggwash before baking at 325 for 20 minutes or till golden brown.