There are some days when a girl just needs lots of chocolate to cheer herself up and this is where this yummy chocolate mud cake comes in. It is very very rich, chocolaty and so so delicious!!! Thanks to Judy for this delicious recipe. Too bad Judy doesn’t blog anymore ‘cos I’ve got one less blog to drool over. I really miss seeing her mouthwatering food!!
250 mls of hot water
60 mls of milk
250 gms butter
275 gms sugar
200 gms dark chocolate
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tspn vanilla essence
260 gms plain flour
25 gms cocoa powder
1/2 tsp bicarb of soda
100 gm marshmallows
125 mls milk
125 gms dark chocolate
- Put butter, sugar, choc, water and milk in saucepan over low heat until butter and chocolate is melted.
- Pour mixture into a big mixing bowl to cool.
- Beat eggs lightly and mix into cooled mixture with vanilla essence.
- Sift flour, cocoa and baking powder together into mixture and beat lightly till well mixed.
- Pour mixture into a lined 8 inch tin and bake in slow oven (300 deg F) for about an hour and a half or until cooked (test with skewer)
- Cool cake for about 10 mins before turning out of tin. Cool on rack.
GANACHE (half the ingredients if you only want to cover the top of the cake and allow the sauce to drip down the sides.)
- Add all ganache ingredients into saucepan and mix till melted.
- Cool a little bit and pour on cake.