Bento #26 – Animals & Cherries

Bento #26 - Animals & Cherries

Bento content: Bear-shaped fried rice, rooster-shaped hardboil egg, edaname and my favorite cherries-Rainier cherries.

The only egg that Lil’ C likes is scrambled eggs. She does not like hardboiled egg. I wish she would ‘cos I would love to use my egg molds!! I decided to try one more time to see if she likes it. I used my rooster shaped mold and added a sprinkle for the eye. Looks cute to me but Lil’ C took a sniff of the egg and ran away!! Grrr….. I guess I better find other usage for my egg molds!!!

• cindy khor August 17, 2008, 6:35 am

Will the fried rice remains in the same shape after moments later?? I mean the fried rice I’d normally do is quite dry and “distinct”. Thanks.

Hi Cindy! Yes, the fried rice will remain in shape if you pack it tightly in the mold. But the only thing is that you can’t pick it up & eat it like onigiri.

• allthingspurple August 17, 2008, 11:17 pm

the rooster egg mould is new to me. Love the shape. My 2 1/2 year won’ t eat hard boil either,at least not the yolk. could only do egg mould for Kimberly,the 71/2 yr old.

The rooster mold is actually an ice-cream sandwich mold.

• keeyit August 18, 2008, 6:14 am

cherries-Rainier cherries looks fresh !

Yup, they were fresh & delicious!

• whoisbaby August 19, 2008, 9:02 am

i sit here and wonder how did you get the egg to mold like that (with round edges). Can i see the mold?

It’s the yellow rooster one http://www.flickr.com/photos/kookyculinary/2475536872/

• whoisbaby August 22, 2008, 3:22 pm

thanks … now i know what to look for when i am at the store.

You’re welcome!

• 3lilangels September 15, 2008, 10:50 pm

I haven’t seen the rooster egg before too. It’s so cute. You can slowly ease Lil’ C into eating hardboil egg by cutting the egg white into smaller (and cute) pieces. Having said that, my kids still refused the egg yolk, unless it’s quail eggs.

Thanks for the idea! I will try to slowly ease her into it. I really really want to use my egg molds!! Hehe…

• Pink Cotton October 1, 2008, 8:24 pm

hi…i m still new in the world of making bento 😛
    just wondering whther it is a must to use sushi rice to make onigiri or isit possible to just use normal rice?

thx 🙂 love ur bento sets

Hi Pink Cotton, it is preferable to use sushi rice just because they are stickier and thus able to hold the shape. If you use regular rice like long grain, they do not hold together. Hope that helps.