≑ Menu

Baking Tools / Gadgets

This is a long overdue post about the some of the baking tools / molds / gadgets that I use. Sorry Judy!

Pineapple Tart Mold
These are the molds for my pineapple tarts. The one that I use for making this pineapple tart is the one on the right. Basically you stuff the dough into the thin tube and push it out with the plunger.Β  The 2 bigger molds in the middle, one plastic and one copper, works the same way except that there is no plunger. You have to use your finger to push the dough out. These 2 makes bigger and thicker pineapple tarts. The 2 molds on the left are for the open-faced pineapple tarts. It works like a cookie cutter. Use them to cut into shape & top it off with a ball of pineapple tart filling.

While I’m showing my baking tools, I might as well show some of my other collection. πŸ™‚

Wooden mooncake molds. I used these to make these mooncakes.
Wooden MoonCake Mold

Plastic mooncake molds. If you are in the US, you might be able to find these at the Vietnamese grocery stores.
Plastic Mooncake Mold

My agar-agar mooncake molds.
AgarAgar Mooncake Mold
Hmm. I just realized I don’t have a proper photo for this. Just a little one from my agar-agar collection photo. The pandan coffee agar-agar mooncake is on the top right.
Assorted Agar-Agar

Mold for making ang koo kueh. Someday I will get around to making this!
AngKoo Mold

Want to see my bento & baking collection?? πŸ™‚ I’m a little afraid to show those because if my husband sees the amount I have, he mightΒ ban me from buying anymore!! Hehe….

• Hijackqueen April 22, 2008, 1:10 am

I’m a Bento mania now! All because of your fault! Show, show, show!

Will show very soon. πŸ™‚

• bp April 22, 2008, 3:44 am

Woo, what a lovely collection of molds you have there, and the wonderful-looking, not to mention yummy creations, you churn out using them!

Looking forward to your next instalment… ;p

Thanks, BP!

• Little Corner of Mine April 22, 2008, 5:15 pm

Nice collection you have there, thanks for showing. I want to see your bento & baking collection too! πŸ˜›

Thanks, LCOM! My other collections coming up soon. πŸ™‚

• whoisbaby April 23, 2008, 8:18 pm

interesting … pandan coffee mooncake? i love those pingpei mooncake but never bought them here.

I actually like agar-agar mooncake the best. Surprisingly the pandan coffee went very well together.

• Judy April 26, 2008, 10:39 am

Thank you so much for showing me the gadgets. Amazing!! I did have a ang ku kueh mould but left it in Melb for my mum. I have not made ang ku kueh but I hope this time when I am in Melb, I will ask my mum to teach me.

I have also never made moon cake and too scared to try. You are so good with cooking and baking.

You’re welcome. Actually mooncake is not too difficult. You should try it.

• mommibee April 28, 2008, 12:10 pm

u hv everything πŸ™‚
    with ur cooking/baking skills, u’re the envy of every hubby LOL

That’s why I am running out of storage. Too much junk!! πŸ™‚

• catherine January 1, 2010, 10:39 pm

I would like to know where did you get the various pineapple tart mould from?Can I buy it in Malaysia