Orange Chiffon Cake

It’s been a while since I made chiffon cake. So decided to make one for breakfast. I usually use this recipe to make orange chiffon cake. Really soft & yummy!

Orange Chiffon Cake

Edited to add recipe:
Ingredients: (for 8″ chiffon cake pan)
115g Cake Flour
3/4 tsp Baking powder

85ml Warm orange juice
Grated zest of 1 large orange
Grated zest of 1 lime

5 egg yolks + 30g castor sugar + Salt 1/4 tsp
5 egg whites + 50g castor sugar + 1/2 tsp cream of tartar

60ml Corn oil
1/2 tsp Vanilla essence or 2 tsp Rum

Method:

1. Sieve flour and baking powder.
  2. Whisk egg yolk, sugar and salt until creamy and light in colour.
  3. Add in corn oil, warm orange juice and rum.
  4. Fold in the flour mixture gently. Add in orange and lime zest. Leave aside.
  5. Beat egg white until big bubbles formed.
  6. Sprinkle cream of tartar and beat till it is white in color
  7. Add in sugar gradually and beat till stiff peaks.
  8. Fold 1/2 of the egg white mixture into egg yolk and flour mixture till well-mixed.
  9. Pour (8) into the remaining egg white mixture and fold till well-mixed.
  10. Bake at 330F for 45 minutes or until cooked. Remove from oven and invert the cake on a cooling rack.
  • LA My Home August 22, 2007, 5:59 am

ooh i like ORANGE chiffon cake. but i don’t think have the time to make it. may be when brandon is older. he is so sticky to me, don’t even let me sit in front of the computer during the day time. *sigh*

• East Meets West Kitchen August 22, 2007, 6:34 am

LOL! I was just craving for chiffon cake. Thanks for the reminder. 🙂

• Isha August 22, 2007, 9:55 am

looks very good orange chiffon cake, i never make chiffon cake before.

• Little Corner of Mine August 22, 2007, 3:57 pm

Lovely! Soft and fluffy! I should give Florence recipe a try since hers only uses 4 eggs! The less the merrier, for me…hehe..

• Judy August 22, 2007, 7:21 pm

Wow, this is such a lovely cake. I want to make too ….. ah, but I have not got a cake tin for chiffon cake. 🙂

May I have a bite of yours? My daughter sometimes wants to buy a small one from London but they are so expensive and full of artificial flavouring and ovelette.

• Blur Mommy August 23, 2007, 4:28 pm

lamyhome: hehe… dun worry, he’ll get over his sticky stage soon. Then u can bake 🙂

EMWK: U’re welcome! Hope to see ur chiffon cake on ur blog soon. 🙂

LCOM: 5 eggsleh…: ) But it’s good, so give it a try!

Judy: Here have some…..hehe… U shld get a tin & make this. It’s really good & no artificial stuff 🙂

• Bento Pet September 7, 2007, 12:11 pm

picked up this recipe to try next week. Thks!

• sweet-tooth November 5, 2007, 10:23 am

the chiffon cake looks so nice and soft.
    thanks for sharing where you got the recipe ;D

Thanks for dropping by! 🙂

• Giyarti May 3, 2010, 8:57 pm

Orange chiffon cake……..hmmmm….yummy..I want to try it.

• Tun Halimah October 29, 2011, 1:09 pm

The best orange chiffon homemade in town.Tumbs up to the recipe owner.