It’s been a while since I made chiffon cake. So decided to make one for breakfast. I usually use this recipe to make orange chiffon cake. Really soft & yummy!
Edited to add recipe:
Ingredients: (for 8″ chiffon cake pan)
115g Cake Flour
3/4 tsp Baking powder
85ml Warm orange juice
Grated zest of 1 large orange
Grated zest of 1 lime
5 egg yolks + 30g castor sugar + Salt 1/4 tsp
5 egg whites + 50g castor sugar + 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
60ml Corn oil
1/2 tsp Vanilla essence or 2 tsp Rum
- Sieve flour and baking powder.
- Whisk egg yolk, sugar and salt until creamy and light in colour.
- Add in corn oil, warm orange juice and rum.
- Fold in the flour mixture gently. Add in orange and lime zest. Leave aside.
- Beat egg white until big bubbles formed.
- Sprinkle cream of tartar and beat till it is white in color
- Add in sugar gradually and beat till stiff peaks.
- Fold 1/2 of the egg white mixture into egg yolk and flour mixture till well-mixed.
- Pour (8) into the remaining egg white mixture and fold till well-mixed.
- Bake at 330F for 45 minutes or until cooked. Remove from oven and invert the cake on a cooling rack.