My goodies

Went over to Vancouver, Canada last weekend and look what I brought back!!!! : )

Bento Supplies

Loads of cute bento supplies!! I’ve been on a lookout for nice bento supplies for a long time. Actually they do have some really nice ones here in Uwajimaya but they are all very expensive. Too expensive for me, anyway! 🙁

While we were in Canada, I was so excited to see a Daiso store which is kinda like the Dollar store. Daiso Canada was more of a 2 Canadian dollar store. Anyway, still cheap, right? So I went on a spree & grabbed a whole basketful of stuff!! hehe…. The toddler was also helping herself & putting stuff into the basket. She also wanted everything since they’re so colorful & cute! What can I say, like mother like daughter…..haha…

Look what else we found? Bak Kua, Singapore style! We only bought a little since we couldn’t bring it back over the border. It was ok, not as good as those back home. Just a little drier than what I like. Oh well, better than none, I guess. : )
BakKua

• Little Corner of Mine August 21, 2007, 3:59 pm

Wah, very nice stuff you got there! I should visit Vancouver too! 🙂

• Blur Mommy August 21, 2007, 11:03 pm

LCOM: ya, Vancouver’s got lots of Asian goodies. You shld come for a visit if u get a chance. 🙂

• tigerfish August 21, 2007, 11:22 pm

I wanted to visit Vancouver when I was at Calgary but simply had no time. 🙁

A lot of people say females of any age will like Daiso. Funny, but when Daiso was in S’pore, I’ve never visited. And now I have to travel 45mins to get to Daiso at Daly City, California from my place. Saw a lot of cute stuff too. Love it.You know, I put so many things in my shopping basket but just when I was about to check out, I reviewed item by item, and heard a voice saying “no”….”no”….
    ok…I’m guilty of impulse shopping.

I still bought some stuff from Daiso though. And intend to go back again. Just so many things to see. 😀

You are in Seattle?

• Sue Sue August 22, 2007, 5:42 am

Wow so many cutie bento accessories. Me same as you, got hooked with the 100 Yen shop here in Malaysia. Once reach there will take everthing and put into the shopping basket and even my 2 kids will help themselves with the Jap rice crackers and gummy candies.

• LA My Home August 22, 2007, 5:58 am

how far drive up to vancouver? we couldn’t get those kind of bak kua here. the bento supplies are very very cute indeed and cheap too!

• Blur Mommy August 22, 2007, 6:23 am

tigerfish: Calgary to Vancouver pretty far apart, aren’t they? Never mindloh, make another trip up, ya? Whistler’s a nice place to visit for winter 😛
    Ya, cannot resist all the cute stuff there. I had to stop myself from buying more. 🙂 Yep, in Seattle.

sue sue: yalor, all these bento stuff very addictive. I just found out there’s Daiso near my place. Must go check it out & shop some more….hehe….

lamyhome: Actual drive only 2 – 2.5 hours if no long line at border crossing. I’m surprised LA dun have this bak kua. I thot LA shld have everything. Do they have the Taiwanese type, more like beef jerky? That’s what we have here. Not nice at all.

• LA My Home August 23, 2007, 6:58 pm

may be there is, i just didn’t go to those taiwanese snack shops.

• East Meets West Kitchen August 25, 2007, 6:04 am

I drove to Vancouver from Seattle two years ago, and loved all the chinese restaurants and shopping there. Didn’t get to Daiso though. Must get to Daiso after seeing all your great finds! 🙂

• Blur Mommy August 25, 2007, 6:57 am

EMWK: Actually the Daiso is in Richmond,about 10 min from Vancouver. The Golden Village in Richmond is supposed to be the new Chinatown. U shld drop by there next time u visit Vancouver. It’s definitely nicer & more happening than Chinatown in Vancouver. 🙂

• Bento Pet August 27, 2007, 4:43 pm

Oooo.. nice stuff!! You have almost everything to start. Welcome to the frenzied world of Bento!

• Blur Mommy August 29, 2007, 4:50 am

Bento Pet: Thks! Will try to make bento when my gal start school in Sep 🙂

• Bento Pet August 31, 2007, 10:34 am

I hope you enjoy the experience!! It’s very rewarding to hear their ‘makan time’ experience.

You have a very substantial stash to provide plenty of fun to contain the food!

• G @ mommibee.com September 3, 2007, 10:20 am

Ooo silly me, I’m prety sure I must hv seen this post b4 (I thought they were just cute stuff, hehe) but didnt kno at the time what Bento was until recently 😀 wow, that’s a lot of cute good stuff for Bento! I will soon need to do a search on Bento on ur blog so I dont miss out any of ur Bento posts 😀

• Blur Mommy September 4, 2007, 5:44 am

G: I haven’t done any Bento posts yet. I was too stingy to buy Bento boxes earlier 😛 But this store has cheap bento supplies at $2 each so I buy somelor.. Hopefully will start making Bento soon. 🙂

• kat April 1, 2008, 7:34 am

this might sound stupid but, did you need a passport to get back to the u.s. after visiting canada? bento supplies are so cute!

Hi Kat, you don’t need a passport if you have PR or US Citizenship otherwise you will need it.