Update on Salted Eggs

Tada…… here they are……. my homemade salted eggs!! It’s been 20 days since I started my little experiment. Yesterday, I decided to test one of the eggs out to test its saltiness.

Salted Eggs Part2

Verdict: The egg white has just the right saltiness but the egg yolk is not quite there yet. I think I will let it sit for another 5 days before testing it again. What do you all think? Looks good??? :p
Will report back again in another 5 days. : )

P/S: Pssstt…. tigerfish, phew……luckily it didn’t turn into little chicks!! hehehe……

• Sue Sue August 18, 2007, 8:25 am

Blur Mummy,
    Nice salted eggs Yummy to goes with a bowl of hot plain porridge.

• Judy August 18, 2007, 10:49 am

Very nice, very nice.

How can the eggs turn into chicks when they are in preservation stage? Mmmmm, gotta think about this. 🙂

• KeV's wAlKAbOuT August 18, 2007, 12:05 pm

wow.. I didn’t know we can make salted eggs on our own at home! And I always thought the salted eggs come from duck eggs!

Oh, do u coat the hard boil eggs with salt, or uses the raw eggs instead?? Again.. I’m really amazed! I might try it too!

• Blur Mommy August 19, 2007, 6:53 am

sue sue, thanks! Yep, I love it with porridge too!: )

Judy, haha… just a joke from tigerfish from the 1st timemah…. Actuallyhor, after seeing balut, I really do have a little fear even though I know it’s impossible..hehe…

kev’s walkabout: Check this recipe out for the salted eggs http://lilyng2000.blogspot.com/2007/03/homemade-salted-eggs-ii.html
    Try it! It’s very easy. I use raw chicken eggs 🙂

• wHOisBaBy August 19, 2007, 10:27 pm

nice! i think mine will not be salty too, since i didn’t get it coated well enough. still got 11 days to do.

• tigerfish August 20, 2007, 12:18 am

hahha….i knew no chicks…but who knows….someone making mooncakes may swap your salted eggs away….and replace them with ….errr…other eggs. 😀

The salted eggs look beautiful.

• Isha August 20, 2007, 10:59 am

wow, looking good salted egg.

• I Cook4Fun August 20, 2007, 11:37 am

Blur Muumy, thanks for stopping by at my blog. Your salted looks better than the one I bought from the Asian store especially the egg yolk. Yours already turn pretty orange color.

• Little Corner of Mine August 20, 2007, 4:24 pm

Looks great! Maybe I should make some to eat with porridge! 🙂

• WokkingMum August 21, 2007, 5:19 am

It looks very good! I only like to eat the yolk leh. hehe

• Blur Mommy August 21, 2007, 11:00 pm

whoisbaby: It’s not too salty which is good. Will update again soon.

tigerfish: thanks! 😉

isha: thanks for dropping by! 🙂

icook4fun: thanks! I dun tlike those from the store, that’s why I made my own. 🙂

LCOM: U shld try it since it’s so easy. It’s definitely better than store-bought ones

wokking mum: thks! I like the yolk too! 🙂

• LA My Home August 22, 2007, 6:01 am

the color of the yolk is good and golden! btw, did you use refrigerated chicken eggs? brought down to room temperature first or not?

• Blur Mommy August 22, 2007, 6:11 am

lamyhome: I brought it down to room temperature first. I think it’s better. Have you tried yours yet?

• wHOisBaBy August 22, 2007, 7:39 pm

not yet ready, only on 31st. i see not much salt left on the outside of the egg, salt kinda turned into water. dunno if i should add more.

• Blur Mommy August 23, 2007, 4:22 pm

whoisbaby, On mine, the salt didn’t turn into water. It did sweat & so the salt kinda crystallized. I think u didn’t put enough salt for the salt to absorb the water but I’m not 100% sure. U might want to put a little more salt on 1 of them to test it out.