Milk Loaf

Not too long ago, there was a Hokkaido Milk Loaf rage among the Asian food blogs. Hokkaido Milk Loaf is supposed to be really fluffy even without the addition of bread improver which is vital ingredient in baking soft Asian bread. I’ve been meaning to try it for a long time but as usual, never got around to it. Then when I finally got around to it, I realised I didn’t have whipping cream . *sigh* I really need to be more organized!!! :p

Anyway, I guess I could have gone out to the store to get some whipped cream but anyone with a toddler knows that it’s not an easy task to just go to the store. : ( It’s just much easier to bake something else!! Then I remembered I saw another milk loaf recipe while I was blog-hopping and when I checked that recipe, I was so glad to see that no whipping cream is needed in this recipe.

Cranberry Milk Loaf 2

Instead of making one big loaf, I made 3 little ones in my mini loaf pan. Here’s how it looked when I took it out of the oven. It turned out really good. Soft and fluffy!!

Cranberry Milk Loaf 1

Since I had a big bag of cranberries at home, I added them to one of the loaf before baking. That turned out really well. It tasted like raisin bread. Toddler even add it plain without her favorite peanut butter!

• Happy Homebaker August 14, 2007, 10:51 pm

Your cranberry loaf looks good! and I like your mini loaf pan…so cool =)

• Judy August 15, 2007, 12:15 pm

I want, I want….

By the way, what size is your loaf that you have showing in your photos.

I see they come in a pan of 4. Another of your cute kitchen gadget.

• Blur Mommy August 15, 2007, 4:27 pm

Happy homebaker: Thanks!! : ) Thks for sharing the recipe!

Judy: Here, catch…. *tossing one over* hehe… Yep, another one of my stash 😛 I just checked & it’s 6 inches X 2 inches for each hole. I like this size since there’s only 3 of us. The bread turned out to be the perfect size the little one : )

• Little Corner of Mine August 15, 2007, 8:17 pm

Oh I want too! I want too! Looks so cute the mini loafs.

• tigerfish August 15, 2007, 10:14 pm

I also want! There are three loaves – one for judy, one for little corner, and one for me, can? I don’t do baking so always have to “fight” for my share 😛

• WokkingMum August 16, 2007, 5:32 am

They are really cute! And they looks sooo yummy!!!

• Blur Mommy August 16, 2007, 3:53 pm

LCOM & tigerfish: Here catch ….* toss one to LCOM & one to tigerfish * 😛 Just enough, no need to fight for it..heehee… Seriously I wish u gals live nearby so I can share some of my bakes then I dun have to eat most of it & gain all the weight!!! 🙁

wokking mum: Thanks!! They were really good! : )

• beve February 3, 2010, 1:56 am

how long do you leave them in the oven? the bread looks sooo yummy.

i love your blog, makes me feel so jealous ! (when u make bentos for your daughter)

Thanks, beve! I usually bake the bread for about 30 min depending on the size or till the crust turns golden brown.