When I came across the cranberries, raisins & oats cookie in Grandmother Stories, I wanted to try it out especially since Judy said it’s no-fail, right Judy?? : ) I had all the ingredients except cranberries. So can’t make it yet. Then I went to Costco last week & saw this big bag of cranberries. It’s 1.3 kg for only $6.79! Pretty cheap, eh?
Like Judy said, it was very easy. Took me only about 15 minutes to get everything together & throw it into the oven. I used all cranberries instead of raisins. The result??
Very yummy!! I don’t know why it didn’t spread out thin like those on Grandmother Stories but it doesn’t really matter ‘cos it was very crunchy & very addictive! Even DH who normally doesn’t like cookies love it & even took some to the office for breakfast the next day. Thanks Judy for a great recipes. Will be making more of this soon since I have such a big bag of cranberries! : P
4 tbsp butter
125 gm sugar
1 egg, beaten
50 gm plain flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
175 gm oats
125 gm dried cranberries
2 tbsp sesame seed
1. Preheat oven at 180 C ( 350 F). Sieve the flour, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter & sugar together till lightly & fluffy
2. Gradually add beaten egg, beating well till thoroughly combined
3. Add flour mixture and mix gently to combine
4. Add oats, raisins, cranberries and sesame seed. Mix together thoroughly.
5. Place spoonfuls of the dough on lightly greased baking tray.
6. Bake for about 15 mins or till golden brown. Cool before serving.