Hot Dog Bun & Garlic Butter Bun

I’ve been bitten by the lazy bug lately. The heat must be getting to me or just plain laziness :p
Anyway, managed to get my act together and baked some bread for the family.

Hot Dog Bun & Garlic Butter Bun

Did some hot dog bun for the little one and a couple of garlic butter buns for the hubby. These buns are the soft type like the ones we get at the bakery in Malaysia & Singapore. I love these soft buns. I remember when I was in high school, I had to pass by a bakery on the way to school. I would always stop & buy one to eat. I finally learned how to bake these from my mom when she came here towards the end of my pregnancy. I was eating it everyday at that time. No wonder my baby loves bread!! 🙂

Ingredients:
250 gm bread flour
50 gm castor sugar
1 ½ tsp instant yeast
1 egg yolk
40 gm butter
65 gm water
65 gm milk
½ tsp salt

Method:

1. Put ingredients into bread machine according to the specification of your breadmaker
  2. Start the DOUGH ONLY cycle. Aprox 30 min knead, 30 min rise
  3. Divide into 50 gm each, round & roll into ropes. Twill around sausage or any other filling as desired.
  4. Proof till double in bulk (30 – 45 min). Egg wash & bake at 375 F for 8 – 10 min
  • Little Corner of Mine July 30, 2007, 5:56 pm

Mmm…looking good! Which reminded me I haven’t made any bun for a long time! Lazy lor!

• tigerfish July 30, 2007, 7:27 pm

The lazy bug also got me 🙁 ….

Oh…I love those breads…used to eat them a lot back in Singapore. You can now fill them with pork floss and make the signature Breadtalk’s loti!

• Judy July 30, 2007, 9:38 pm

You did these? Wow, mind sharing the recipe with us? 😛

They look so, so good.

• Blur Mommy July 30, 2007, 11:26 pm

LCOM: Thks! It also has been a long time since I made this. : )

tigerfish: Must be the summer heat, eh? hehe…. I’ve never had Breadtalk b4 but that sounds yummy! I used to get the ham buns from Plaza Singapura a long time ago b4 Breadtalk even exists 🙂 Gee, now I really feel old!! 🙁

Judy: TQ TQ Actually I did overbake this a little.: ) Still trying to get used to my new gas oven. Will put the recipe up ASAP.

• Judy July 31, 2007, 5:56 pm

Blur Mommy, thanks so much for the recipe. Will wait till my daughter gets home for her Greek camp before I can try otherwise not enough people will help me eat them up. 🙂

Still want to try your bau recipe too.

• tweety April 8, 2009, 3:16 am

can u plz specify the amount of water and milk to be added in fluid measurements… thank u…the bread looks very soft and yummy jus can’t wait to try out…

• May March 1, 2011, 5:37 am

Hi there,

It looks so good that I have to try this recipe out. Can you please specify the amount of water and milk in fluid measurement. Many thanks and looking forward to hear from you.