≑ Menu

Nasi Lemak

I’m need a break from fiddling with the templates. How about a nice plate of yummy Nasi Lemak?

NasiLemak

I love Nasi Lemak. Sometimes, I like it loaded with ikan bilis (anchovies), sambal, egg, fried chicken or beef rendang, cucumber, peanuts etc…. Other days, I like it simple like the one above. For my sambal, I like it spicy and sweet.

Recipe for the sambal: (Serves 2)
5 dried chili
2 cloves garlic
100 gm onion
2 tbsp chili sauce
20 gm ikan bilis
2 tbsp gula melaka
1 ΒΌ cup water

Method:

• Blend dried chili, garlic & Β½ of the onion into a paste. Dice the rest of the onion
  • Heat some oil & fry the blended ingredients till fragrant.
  • Add in ikan bilis & fry a little
  • Add chili sauce, water & gula melaka & let it simmer for 20 min.
  • Add in diced onion & simmer for another 15-20 min. Serve
  • Related Posts with Thumbnails
    • Dr ve Thru July 1, 2007, 9:46 am

Wah, you made that? I have not made nasi lemak for a long time because my family are not into that and no one to share with. πŸ™

• G @ mommibee.com July 1, 2007, 11:29 am

i am crying! i want the nasi lemak i see here! super duper yummyyyyyyyyy … i ate it for breakfast mon-fri when i was working in KL πŸ˜› My staple food! u very terror, can make the sambal some more! will follow ur recipe when i get the chance πŸ™‚ i’ve drafted the food tag u gave me but not finished yet πŸ˜‰

• Lee Ping July 2, 2007, 12:01 am

Very nice template, professional looking. I like the clean white background, makes your recipe clear.

The egg on your nasi lemak is beautiful. It does not have the grey ring around the egg yolk. The ikan bilis, looks crisp and light. Lastly, the sambal. It is just like home. I always thought sambal was complicated with many different ingredients and involved pounding. Yours look simple.

I have some gula melaka and the rest of the ingredients. I love nasi lemak. So, I am definitely trying this recipe!

p/s Is there a particular chili sauce to use?

• Blur Mommy July 2, 2007, 9:56 pm

dr ve thru: This recipe is for a very small portion. When you get craving, then just make it for urself ya? : )

g: U shld try this out. It’s very simple. No worries abt the tag. I still owe u one too! :p

lee ping: There’s many type of sambal. Some of them have lots of ingredients like belacan, tamarind etc.. but I like this version which is more of the sweet type. I use the Yeos chilli sauce but u can use any type. The chili sauce is used more for the color since we don’t have chili boh (paste) here. I brought my ikan bilis all the way from Msia : )

• tigerfish July 3, 2007, 12:22 am

I love nasi lemak too – simple ones like this, and sometimes more substantial ones (I made them before) with fried chicken and even otah πŸ™‚ Yummy! Thks for visiting my site.

• wHOisBaBy July 3, 2007, 3:42 am

wah, long time i didnt eat nasi lemak already. i did cook once, but a lot of work since need to prepare so many different things. your nasi lemak really looks so delicious lar. were you able to find other ingredients (beside ikan bilis) locally?

• Blur Mommy July 4, 2007, 6:57 am

tigerfish: U have a very nice site! Thanks for dropping by!

whoisbaby: My version is a very simple one. I think U can definitely get everything in LA.

• Mama BoK November 9, 2007, 11:32 am

Yummmyyy..!! i want some too..!!

I send u virtual one, ok? πŸ˜›