Macarons

June 19, 2007

in Cakes and Cookies, Dessert

I did it! I did it! My macarons have feet!!! Woohoo…….Before u think I’ve gone a little crazy & say what feet? Let me just explain that “feet” are the frilly ruffle that forms at the base of the macaron. It’s a must for macarons or they won’t be macarons at all.

Ever since I first tasted macarons, I have to say it’s probably one of my favorite dessert. ok ok I know I say that a lot but truly over time, while some desserts have drop off the list, macarons have always remain on the top of the list.

Since macarons are so expensive, I’ve always wanted to make them especially when I buy a few precious ones & my toddler gulps them down like candy & not leaving any for mommy!!! :p But I’ve read so much abt the difficulty of making them which is a little discouraging. But lately, there was a macaron craze in one of the food forum that I frequent & looking at all the beautiful creations really pushed me to try it.

Here’s the result:

Macaron

Not too bad, huh? They are a little flat ‘cos I overmix the batter. Will have to improve on that. But the most impt fact is that they have feet. For a first time, I’m very happy with the result. Hopefully it’s not just beginner’s luck! :pSince I didn’t have any buttercream, I sandwich some Nutella between them. Even DH who never likes desserts gave a thumbs up! : p Thanks to Tamami from Coco&Me for generously sharing her recipe !

Related Posts with Thumbnails Share/Bookmark

{ 8 comments… read them below or add one }

1 Dr ve Thru June 19, 2007 at 6:02 pm

That is excellent. I intended to try them when I was on half term break (I work in a school) but for some reason I was a bit apprehensive just in case I fail.
I might pluck up my guts one day and give this a try. :)

2 Vien June 19, 2007 at 6:03 pm

I saw a taiwainese talkshow introducing Macarons and there was this dish that cost over TW$2k! I have yet to try it, is it really that heavenly?

3 blur_mommy June 19, 2007 at 9:48 pm

dr ve thru: I was only wary abt trying it at first but now I’m glad I did. Do try it. U can use the recipe that I link to. Let me know how it turns out. : )

vien: wah… what dish is that? so ex! If u have a sweet tooth, then u will love it. The skin is crunchy & the insides are chewy but it is a little on the sweet side.

4 LA My Home June 20, 2007 at 10:09 pm

so delicious … i love desserts.

5 LZmommy June 21, 2007 at 8:01 am

Your macaroons looks good :)

I have been wanting to try it…

6 East Meets West Kitchen June 21, 2007 at 2:04 pm

What good-looking macaroons you made! Thanks for dropping by my blog!

7 WokkingMum June 21, 2007 at 2:38 pm

Wow! Seems like everyone who knows how to bake wants to do this!

They are lovel!!

8 blur_mommy June 22, 2007 at 7:26 am

whoisbaby: *hi-5* Me too!! : )

lzmommy: u shld try it. It’s so yummy! Thanks for dropping by : )

eastmeetswestkitchen: Thanks! U have a nice blog. Ur donuts is on my to-bake list. :p Thanks for dropping by!

wokkingmum: Thanks! Maybe ‘cos they are so pretty & delicious.