Rounding out the Chinese New Year bakes is this peanut cookie. One of my favorite! Seems like I made this last year and the year before too. Made this using last year’s recipe. If I ever have to make only one cookie for Chinese New Year, this is the one that I would make. It is so simple and yet delicious.
500 gm ( 17.5 ounces) roasted peanuts – finely ground
600 gm (21 ounces) self-rising flour
250 gm ( 8.8 ounces) icing sugar
3 cups oil (approximately) – I only used about 2 cups ‘cos I used spanish peanuts which had a little oil in them. Just add enough for the dough to bind together and you can form a ball.
- Mix peanuts, flour and sugar together till well-mixed.
- Drizzle in oil and mix till you can form a ball with the dough. Do not add in all the oil at one time. Just add enough for the dough to be formed.
- Either use a mini cookie scoop or shape by hand into little balls.
- Use a straw to poke a little hole in the middle (optional)
- Apply eggwash before baking at 325 for 20 minutes or till golden brown.