As part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program, every so often I get free stuff to try out. This time, I got a $30 credit to spend at Asian Food Grocer, an online source for Asian groceries. (Thanks, Asian Food Grocer! ) I ended up with a whole bunch of stuff including soy wrappers which I have always been curious about but never got around to trying it.
There are a few things that I plan to make with all the groceries but first I started off with tofu. I like the fact that this tofu needs no refrigeration. It will come in handy on those days when I need tofu and do not have time to go to the store to get some.
Anyway, I decided to make homestyle fried tofu.
- Mash the tofu into little pieces
- Add an egg and some jalapeño slices.
- Mix it all together and steam it in a block.
- Cut it into little pieces, coat with rice flour and pan-fried the tofu.
- Add a dash of spicy sauce before serving.