Pie Pops

I love eating a variety of food. Maybe that is why I am attracted to tiny-portion food like dim sum, tapas, izakaya, cupcakes and cupcake pops. With all these food, I get to eat different varieties of food instead of getting full with just one kind of food. Due to the heatwave last week, the fruits in my kitchen were ripening faster than we could eat them. So that means I will either have to throw the fruits out or make something with them. As you can guess, I chose the latter. So I decided to make pie pops

First I made white peach pie filling. Just cut the peaches to little pieces, add some sugar and lemon juice and cook it over the stove over low fire till you get the consistency that you want. As for the crust, I use the ready-made crust that I bought from the grocery store. Roll out the crust as thin as possible without making a hole in them. Then cut circles from the dough using circular cookie cutters.Fill it up with topping and seal it with another dough circle. Crimp the sides with a fork to seal in the filling. Bake at 350 for about 12-15 mins or till brown.

Pie Pop

Pie Pop

Pie Pop

The pies turn out really great. I had a playdate at my house and the kids finished it all. They thought it was really fun to eat pie on lollipop sticks. Other than the fact that I have to learn how to add more filling without them oozing out, I love them. I am pretty sure that the number of pie pops I ate were more than a regular piece of pie!!

• Maia August 7, 2009, 6:24 pm

Those are totally adorable!! I love it! 🙂

Thanks, Maia. 🙂

• Sweet Jasmine August 7, 2009, 10:27 pm

These little pies are really cute and could easily pop into mouth. Maybe I can use satay sticks if I cannot find lollipop stick here.

Sweet Jasmine, not sure if the satay sticks can hold the weight of the pie. Maybe can use 2 sticks to hold it better or those ice-cream sticks will work too.

• Rose August 10, 2009, 12:40 am

Hi! Wow! interesting pie pops.

Thanks!

• Bettina Berlin August 10, 2009, 3:08 am

Hey, that’s a great idea!!! I never thought of having a lollipop-pie. Certainly I must try this, I also love fingerfood, got a whole recipe book about them. I love making it when we have guests as we don’t have a dining table to sit on because the house is so small. Please let us know when you try some other fillings!

Yeah, this would be perfect for guests. 🙂

• 3lilangels August 10, 2009, 6:24 am

The pies are so lovely and fun. Thanks for sharing.

You’re welcome! : )

• kitti August 10, 2009, 7:06 am

that is really cool!! I want to make these. How long do you cook them, at what temperature?

Bake at 375 for about 13-15 minutes.

• PB August 13, 2009, 5:56 pm

Hye!

I love this Pop food…The fever is a lot higher in States..

Check out Bakerella blog 😉

Nways, may I know where did you buy the lollipop sticks?
    Thanks, need it quite urgently ..

=)