Another one of my Chinese New Year goodies. I am calling this Mini Crispy Spring Roll since I have no idea what it is called. I actually made these last year and everyone loved it. Once you pop one in the mouth, you can’t stop. It’s also very easy to make.
No exact recipe here but this is what you do:
- Take a piece of spring roll wrapper and roll it up tight like a cigar
- Seal the edge with eggwash.
- Take a sharp knife and cut it into small sections
- Deep fry in low fire till golden brown. ( Do not fry at high heat else the outside might brown before the insides could get crispy.
- Drain and roll in a mixture of sugar & sesame seeds.
- When cooled, store in air-tight container.