Birthday cupcakes

Lil’ C turns 4 yesterday!!! Wow, I really can’t believe it! My little girl is growing up too fast although I must say that I really love this age the best. Sure we have our tantrum and fussy days but I really love the thoughts, imagination & words of a 3/4 year old. Growing up the youngest in my family & leaving home at a young age to go off to school, I never really grew up with younger kids, so this is a whole new experience for me. I have learned that it is very interesting to see the world through a 4 year old’s point of view. : )

Oops, got sidetracked a little. Back to food for now. I have actually been stuck in the kitchen for the last few days “experimenting”. What have I been doing? Playing with cakes, buttercream, fondant & sugar paste. I really feel like a mad scientist now. This week I have to make 2 cakes, one for Lil’ C’s party this weekend & one of Lil’ C’s best friend who is one day younger than her. More on the birthday cakes next post.  Besides that, I also made some cupcakes for Lil’ C to bring to her preschool.

Birthday Cupcake with marshmallow fondant

These are butter cupcakes covered with marshmallow fondant. I decided to go with fondant instead of buttercream because it is less messy to eat and to transport.

Birthday Cupcake with marshmallow fondant

All packed up & ready to go!

Birthday Cupcake with marshmallow fondant

• FamilyFirst November 19, 2008, 6:04 pm

Wow blur mommy, dont think you are blur lah, cos your cupcakes so nice lah! You went for baking classes before kah?

Thanks, familyfirst! Nope, never attended baking classes before. :)

• Little Corner of Mine November 20, 2008, 11:15 am

Happy Birthday to Lil.C!! Time sure fly right? Love your lavender cupcake, very ladylike.

Thanks, LCOM. Yep time really flies. My girl is growing up too fast! :)

• wen November 20, 2008, 8:07 pm

so sweet cupcakes! happy birthday to lil C!

Thanks, Wen!

• whoisbaby November 21, 2008, 8:16 am

very beautiful cupcakes! can’t wait to see more of your cake postings. :)

Thanks! Birthday cake posting coming up. :)

• Hijackqueen November 24, 2008, 6:09 pm

Those are awesome looking cupcakes. happy 4th Birthday Lil C!

Thanks, HQ!

• Pink Cotton November 25, 2008, 10:22 pm

i think it looks very nice! =)

may i know what did you use to make the flower buds?can marshmallow fondant be used to make figures and shapes too?

thanks

Thanks! Yes, I used marshmallow fondant to make the flower bud. Marshmallow fondant doesn’t really harden fully, so it is not advisable to use if you want to make figurines. I usually use marshmallow fondant for little flowers but for figurines, I use sugar paste. Hope that helps.

• Tabo December 30, 2008, 8:13 am

wow – your cupcakes are beautiful and i love your website. Happy birthday to Lil C. Could you kindly tell me how you embossed the fondant? Thanks a lot! Tabo

I use the embossing mat from Wilton.

• kawan December 2, 2009, 7:28 pm

Definitely very adorable. Did you just put each in a little plastic baggie? How long do these last? I bet she loved it!