Since I had some puff pastry leftover from making the Portuguese Egg Tart, I decided to make palmiers. It is another super easy snack to make and very delicious.
How to make them?
- First, roll out the puff pastry into a rectangular shape.
- Sprinkle a layer of sugar on the silpat or flat board
- Lay the piece of puff pastry on the sugar
- Sprinkle more sugar on the pastry
- Then fold one side of the pastry towards the center
- Then fold the other side towards the center
- Repeat again till the pastry meets in the middle
- Then fold over just like a book
- Wrap the whole pastry in a clingwrap and chill in the fridge for about 1 hour
- Remove from fridge and slice the dough into thin pieces
- Place them on the baking tray and sprinkle a little more sugar on top
- Bake at 450 for about 5 mins or till caramelized. Turn the pastry over and bake for another 3-4 minutes.