Technically this is not a bento but it doesn’t mean that you can’t still make lunch appealing for your kid. This is a ham & cheese bread cup with shredded carrots & cucumber flowers.
To make the bread cups,
- Take a piece of bread and flatten with a rolling pin
- Get a round cookie cutter ( I use one with a flower edge) and cut out a round piece.
- Prepare a muffin pan by brushing with a little melted butter or cooking spray
- Gently press the cut piece of bread into each muffin hole so that it forms a cup shape.
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 mins or till browned. When done, remove & cool.
- Meanwhile prepare filling. For this, I just chopped up some ham and mix with a little mayonnaise. You can use tuna salad, chicken salad, crabmeat salad or whatever else that you fancy.
- Fill each cup with filling. Top with a little mozzarella or cheddar cheese. Put it back into the oven for another 5 minutes to melt the cheese. Remove & serve.