Dining on the high seas

I am back after a week’s cruise to Alaska. It was an awesome trip. My parents came from Malaysia and joined us on the cruise. The weather was great, the seas were calm and of course, the food were awesome! If you are ever thinking of going on a cruise, make sure that you go on a diet pre-cruise because you will be packing on the weight during the cruise like I did.

Food is available pretty much from the moment you wake up till you go to bed and it’s all free, even room service! The best part of an Alaskan cruise is the dining view. Imagine watching a glacier passing by while you eat your lunch and occasionally a glimpse of whales and dolphins jumping out of the water. So gorgeous!

Cruise Food 1

Cruise Food 2

Cruise Food 3

Cruise Food  4

• Ben June 26, 2008, 11:14 am

Hi Blurrmommy:
    Can I ask … were are you located? Are you in Vancouver by any chance?
    Ben

Hey Ben, I’m in Seattle.

• Little Corner of Mine June 26, 2008, 4:19 pm

How nice! I have yet to go on a cruise, perhaps I should plan one in the future. Free flow of food is definitely a plus! 😉

LCOM, yup, it’s definitely a plus. 🙂 No need to cook! 😛

• chinnee June 27, 2008, 12:47 am

wah…if i were you, i wont be able to take those photos coz the food will too soon ended up in my stomach !!

Hehe.. I only managed to take some. Most of the time I forgot too. 🙂

• allthingspurple June 28, 2008, 6:03 pm

Wow..look at the spread. Thanks for sharing the pictures

You’re welcome!

• JO-N June 30, 2008, 3:02 pm

Wow! Sounds like a great cruise. The view you describe makes my imagination running. Wow!

Yup the view was definitely the best. 🙂

• Angeleyes July 2, 2008, 12:17 pm

Nice shots!
    My MIL don’t know how to operate a digital cam so she is still using the traditional camera and she only save all the shots for herself… so can’t see what she had in the restaurant… hehehe

Oh yeah, if you know another blogger, SimpleAmerica, he went on that Alaskan cruise too. 🙂

Thanks! Now you know what kind of feast she had, ya? hehe….

• whoisbaby July 15, 2008, 11:31 pm

i know i know … food everywhere anytime in the cruise. i did put on a few pounds on a 3 days cruise from vancouver to LA. just eat eat eat only.

Yup! That’s the fun part of the cruise, ya? 🙂