Prima Taste Mee Siam

Another one of my lazy meals that I brought from Singapore – the Prima Taste Mee Siam. I know there are 2 versions of mee siam – the dry one and the wet one with the gravy. This is the gravy version. Personally I prefer the gravy version.

Anyway, the Prima Taste Mee Siam comes with 4 packets of ingredients. The gravy, sambal for frying the beehoon (rice vermicelli), sambal to top off the mee siam and lime juice.

Prima Taste Mee Siam 1

Add some hard-boiled egg, fried tofu or taupok, shrimp or chicken and you’ll have a delicious mee siam.

Prima Taste Mee Siam

A reader emailed me to find out where she can get this in Malaysia. Frankly I don’t know. I bought mine in Singapore. I haven’t seen it in Malaysia before. Anyone knows? For those in USA, you can actually buy it online at HC Foods. There is also a Prima Taste restaurant in San Jose, California. I tried it once and it’s not that good. They don’t sell the Prima Taste products at the restaurant.

• vien April 14, 2008, 9:58 pm

I’ve tried the Char Keoy Teow at the Prima Tase restaurant and I was greatly dissapointed.

Yup, I think the PT restaurant is not very good.

• bp April 14, 2008, 11:26 pm

Aw, this looks very good! *me takes a big mouthful* ;p

I also haven’t seen the mix here in our part of the States… thanks for the online link!

* please have more!! 🙂 * I can’t find it here either. Will have to bring more next time I go back.

• Little Corner of Mine April 15, 2008, 12:15 am

Yummy! I have yet to try this. We have it in our Denver store at $6 a box!

You shld check it out. Good for emergencies. 🙂

• tigerfish April 17, 2008, 9:30 am

How do you like this ? Personally, I like this a lot, mainly also because it is so easy to get “singapore street food” on your table. The Prima Rest. in San Jose is lousy and they don’t sell the packs.
    Ranch 99 at CA, sells them but limited range, I think. If you have visited the Prima Taste Rest. in Singapore (or maybe next time), you can try the party pack version, and bring it back to USA. If you have some potluck party or gathering for big groups, these packs will definitely be a god-send! 😛

Tigerfish, I really like it too. I’ve never been to the PT rest in Singapore. Will have to check it out next time. 🙂 Ya, I wish the PT rest. in San Jose sell the packs.

• beachloverkitchen April 20, 2008, 8:05 pm

Prima product!!I’m looking for this product,hear it;s really good!.I was in KL looking for this brand but NO avaliable everywhere!! So dissapointed!!.Yes,I hear in US West coast supermarket do carry this product.I keep looking in NYC grocery store but none too!!.How is this Mee Siam taste.I know someone told me that Spore Katong Laksa taste fantastic!!

beachlover, I love this mee siam. Yup, I think they only sell it in Singapore. If you are really interested, check out the online store.

• chinnee April 24, 2008, 1:36 am

i come from a place with great mee siam (melaka) but even that, it is hard to find good mee siam in melaka, whats more other places. Hmm….must look out for this paste!!

Ya, do try it out if you can find it. It’s pretty good.

• Myprivy May 30, 2008, 1:00 am

My friend in Singapore told me that Prima has an online store where we could order Prima Taste products. Best part of it – the web site completes with payment and will deliver to any parts of the world. Now, I can enjoy my fav Singapore Food anytime without having to haggle my friend to courier over. For those who crave for Singapore food, here’s the saviour http://www.primataste.com

Thanks for the link! I will check it out.

• T May 22, 2010, 3:56 pm

If you are in US, you can buy Prima Taste products at http://www.asiansupermarket365.com

• One of the online survey on car insurance, TPO is advantagelimit. This shows competitors who are currently using for their employees to undergo an online car insurance in one of the insurance product. I read my lease my parents to namespolicy will extend a discount for this is not necessary in case of an insurance package. Damage liability insurance. And if the agent that we have to purchase the right isand get the best method for completing a driver purchases a home based business, you must dig to the internet, it doesn’t have to say that they only cover a carone thousand dollars. Give it some times. So you really are paying for coverage which covers the car or motorcycle loan. These comparison websites whenever you want to know first muchcheck if the insurance at a low income. 15 percent without cameras to document as a student and you can invalidate your policy.