Pineapple Tarts 2008

Ok, I promise this is the last of my Chinese New Year bakes. How can it be Chinese New Year without pineapple tarts, right?

I actually made the fillings a week ago but have never gotten around the make the tarts. Actually I also could not decide which recipe to try since there are so many different recipes out on the internet! Then on Saturday, I went to a Chinese New Year potluck with my bible study group. There I met a new friend A who generously shared her easy recipe for the pineapple tart. A, thanks for a great and easy recipe. It’s delicious!! Hope you’ll be coming back here for vacation again soon. 🙂

Pineapple Tart

** Updated as of 2/8/09

To those who have requested for this recipe, I am sorry but I seem to have misplaced my recipe. I know it’s somewhere in my house but I just can’t find it now. I will update it once I find it. In the meantime, click HERE to check out the recipe from one of my favorite blogs for a similar pineapple tart.

• Cindy February 14, 2008, 1:44 am

Hey~
    Happy Valentine’s Day!

Happy Valentine’s day to u too! 🙂

• tigerfish February 14, 2008, 4:54 am

Your pineapple tarts looks very different. Creative!
    It’s not enclosed like those Beganwan Solo tarts yet it’s not very exposed like those traditional pineapple tarts.

Thanks! I think this type of pineapple tart is quite common is Malaysia though. 😛

• Hijackqueen February 14, 2008, 7:16 am

Gong Xi Fa Chai and Happy V-Day to you! *steal one pineapple roll*

One enough or not??? hehe…. Happy Valentine’s day! 🙂

• Little Corner of Mine February 14, 2008, 11:08 pm

Yay! You made pineapple tarts! Yes, to me it’s not CNY without pineapple tarts! Sure worth the effort right? 😉

Yep, it’s worth the effort! 🙂

• eastmeetswestkitchen February 15, 2008, 6:22 am

I love your rolled pineapple tarts, very cute!
    Happy Valentine’s Day!

• bp February 15, 2008, 6:49 am

These must be very yummy, as good as they look!

When you have some time, could you share the recipe please? Those I’ve come across look like lots of effort, and it’ll be nice if I can get round to making some of our very own, whether it’s CNY or not! Thanks!

• Judy February 15, 2008, 8:04 pm

True, CNY without pineapple tarts is not the same…..mmm, I didn’t make any this year. 🙂
    Where did you get your mould from? I have seen this shape in some Malaysian blogs.

• Moonlight_tears February 16, 2008, 1:33 am

I love pineapple tarts!

• sweet jasmine February 16, 2008, 11:58 am

i made a lot of pineapple tarts for cny too…to be share with my family, friends and relatives….can try out my recipe in my blog…

• Regina December 13, 2008, 1:55 am

Hi! Your tarts looked absolutely delicious. I appreciate greatly if u cud share your recipe…yours is the only one online that got me interested to start the cold oven!!

• kk February 7, 2009, 8:12 am

hi, its still cny so “Gong Hee Fatt Choy’. Am a pineapple tart craze. Would appreciate if I could hv yr recipe? Many thanks!!