≑ Menu

Guess what kind of cake I’ll be making?

Sorry for the lack of update lately. The last few weeks has been a little crazy and so will the next few weeks. I haven’t been cooking much lately. We have been eating out so much that I think I should start doing restaurant food review!! Even if we eat at home, it’s usually sandwiches or one dish meals. I still have some old photos that I need to post but haven’t been able to find the time to edit them. Soon, I hope!!

Anyway, one of the thing that has been keeping me busy is that my little one will be turning 3 this weekend! So I have been doing a little experiment in the kitchen, testing out her birthday cake.

For her 1st birthday, I made a PoohΒ cake
Pooh Birthday Cake

For her 2nd birthday, I made an Elmo cake
Elmo Birthday Cake

Guess what she’s having this year? This is a sneak preview. πŸ™‚
What kind of cake will this be?
This is not the actual cake. I’m still experimenting with the cake. Not too happy with the way this cake turned out. Maybe it’s because I’m not used to using the mold. Will haveΒ toΒ try out another recipe tomorrow. So any guesses asΒ to what cake this will be???? πŸ˜›

• chinnee November 13, 2007, 10:43 am

Yvette, how come you are so good at food? I wish I can do cake decor like you too. Have u ever been to baking or decorating course?

Can i have the recipe of your elmo cake (i mean the decor part) πŸ™‚

Thanks for your kind words, Chinnee! I ‘ve never taken a class b4. It’s all self-learned. Will blog about Elmo soon. πŸ™‚

• Judy November 13, 2007, 3:36 pm

This year, the cake will be a doll with a nice big skirt/dress. πŸ™‚

Got prize ah? Wahahahaha…. πŸ˜›

Aiya, truly a baking sifu!! Right away you got the right answer!! Prize? Got got, u come visit, I bake u one ok???hehe….

• tigerfish November 14, 2007, 4:23 am

I’m bad at guessing anything that has got to do with baking leh!

But I like that elmo cake. πŸ˜€

TQ! Elmo cute hor? πŸ˜›

• curry November 14, 2007, 4:51 am

Its a baby doll cake….you are a great mum

Yep it’s going to be a princess doll cake. Thanks for ur kind words & thanks for dropping by! πŸ™‚

• Happy Homebaker November 14, 2007, 6:56 am

Is it gonna be a barbie doll cake?! I love the elmo cake!!!

Thanks! I like the Elmo too! πŸ˜› It’s going to be a princess doll cake.

• Jo-N November 14, 2007, 7:16 am

The cakes are all so nice. I love the elmo cake too! This year’s cake is one that stands.

Thanks, Jo-N! Yep, this will be the tallest cake I’ve ever made!! πŸ˜›

• Giddy Tiger November 14, 2007, 8:38 am

WOw…where can I place an order? I had a dolly cake for my 1st birthday and I bet that’s what u are makin’.

Wah, u got a dolly cake?? U so lucky!! Yep, going to be a princess cake!

• Irene November 14, 2007, 8:41 am

A princess cake. How wonderful!

Yep, right on target!! πŸ™‚

• The Cooking Ninja November 14, 2007, 9:56 pm

I love your winnie the pooh and especially Elmo. I wish I can do a cake like yours for my little daughter. I did a miserable cake for my daughter’s 1st birthday and I was so disappointed.

Hmm … Dora?

Thanks! My girl’s cake are the only ones I make. I am sure that ur daughter love her cake because mommy made it!! Lots of love in it! πŸ™‚ Mine’s going to be a princess cake.

• Little Corner of Mine November 14, 2007, 11:23 pm

I would guess a Snow White /Princess doll cake also. You put a lot into making her cake, a very loving mommy indeed.

Yep, right too! So easy to guess hor?? Actually, mommy’s the one having fun making the cake!! hehe..

• whoisbaby November 17, 2007, 11:32 pm

princess cake, looks like the bottom of the dress.

Yep! πŸ™‚

• etceteramommy November 19, 2007, 1:38 pm

Wow… nice cakes for 1st and 2nd birthday.

Sure put us on a guessing board on the 3rd birthday cake. I think you’re trying for a barbie doll / Snow white/ etc? Cos my niece who is 3 now adores Princess Belle very very much now….. πŸ˜›

Thanks! It’s a princess cake. I think this princess stage is a 3 yr old phase. They all seem to love princesses!! πŸ™‚

• bp November 19, 2007, 8:55 pm

Your princess cake must have turned out really nice, like all your cakes! Bet it was a great hit with everyone at the party =)

As long as my little one loves it, I am happy. πŸ˜›