Cheese Garlic Biscuits

When I was in college, I used to love going to Red Lobster. FYI, Red Lobster is a US chain of seafood restaurants. However, my reason for going there is not for the seafood but it’s for their cheese garlic biscuits. They were so good!! After college, I did not go to Red Lobster much since their food is so-so but I really miss the biscuits. Finally I found this copycat recipe that’s pretty good. The end result is pretty close to Red Lobster’s.

Cheese Garlic Biscuits

For those that have been to Red Lobster, I know that you are saying that it looks nothing like the biscuit there. Actually it’s because I decided to use a small ice-cream scoop to form the cookie, that’s why they look like little balls instead of the normal big chunky biscuit. :)Recipe can be found here

• eastmeetswestkitchen November 3, 2007, 5:11 pm

I had these before, and they are yummy!

Yep, aren’t they?

• Gertrude November 4, 2007, 1:28 am

blurmummy, I too love their biscuits there. Thanks for the recipe link. I sure am going to make some.

You’re welcome!

• whoisbaby November 4, 2007, 11:34 pm

looks good to me. i haven’t been to red lobster before so i didnt know they have cheese garlic biscuit.

Thks! nowadays I never go either. Just make this at home.

• Little Corner of Mine November 5, 2007, 3:27 pm

Looks good! I thought the Red Lobster biscuit is just so-so, but of course way better than the KFC one. 😛

I think their standard has dropped a lot since my college days. It used to be really good. But I’m a bread person so I’m biased! 🙂

• Judy November 5, 2007, 7:30 pm

Thanks for the link. Looks good.

So, are you saying that the biscuits at Red Lobster is flatter and therefore crunchier? I have never tried this cookie so I have no idea what it tastes like and how the texture should be.

Tastes like cheese straws? 🙂

Judy, No, it’s not a like cookie or cheese straw. It’s actually more bread-ish. Trying to think of something similar in UK but can’t think of any!! hehehe…. More like the biscuit in KFC. 🙂

• bp November 9, 2007, 10:36 pm

yes, i like the RL biscuits too, but we can’t afford to always go there. your version looks yummy too! thanks for the recipe… i hope to try it out!

BP, u should try this. It’s very easy to make. Then u don’t have to go RL anymore. 🙂