Now that the chilly weather is here to stay, it’s time for more soups & stews to warm up the day.
Last week, I made Brunswick Stew. A bowl of this served with some garlic toast was just so comforting on a cold wet day!! 🙂
3/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 cup carrot (original recipe says red bell pepper)
1 tbsp flour
1 lb boneless chicken thigh or breast – cut into 1/2 inch pieces
2 cups chicken broth
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp Tabasco
1 pkg (10 oz) frozen corn – thawed
1 pkg (10 oz) frozen baby lima beans – thawed
- Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add onion, celery and carrot to pan. Cook for 5 mins. Stir occasionally.
- Combine flour & chicken in a bowl, tossing to coat. Add a little oil to pan. Then add chicken to pan. Cook for 2 min till lightly brown.
- Stir in chicken broth, bring to a boil.
- Add tomato paste, dried thyme, salt, Tabasco, corn, lima beans to pan. Cover, reduce heat & simmer for 30 mins.
- Serve with garlic bread.