Beef Hor Fun

Beef Hor Fun aka Beef Kway Teow aka “gong chao ngau hor”

Beef Hor Fun

Looks good, eh? No, I didn’t cook this. DH did! Normally DH is the one who will cook all the noodle dishes since he loves noodles and he is also not afraid to add in lots of oil!! Why do I say that? Because for fried kway teow to turn out good, it needs quite a bit of oil. For me, unless it’s deep frying, I don’t like to cook with a lot of oil, so my kway teow always don’t turn out right. (or maybe it’s just an excuse for me not to cook!! heehee….)

• Judy October 10, 2007, 2:06 pm

Wah, if my husband can cook like this, I can ‘kiao kah’ (shake legs) every night and let him cook for me. 😛

Looks so good.

Judy, but hor, he is a very messy cook. everytime he cooks, I have to clean up the whole kitchen!! : (

• tigerfish October 10, 2007, 6:47 pm

Hahah…agree with Judy. But I’m like you Kooky, I cannot handle that much of oil when cooking noodles and kway teow. Usually, I just do the wetter version …the wat dan version. I done wat dan hor fun and recently wat dan “yee mee” . 😀

I like both version. Different days got different craving mah.. 🙂

• Little Corner of Mine October 10, 2007, 9:21 pm

Yes, really looks good and yummy leh. If your hubby loves to cook noodle, just let him do it!

TQ, LCOM! Yalor, he got no choicemah, if he wants to eat, he’ll have to cook ‘cos I don’t do a good job at it. 😛

• cat cat October 11, 2007, 2:42 am

Wah, I’m impressed with your hubby’s cooking skill… Those ho fun looks so good… I agree, char ho fun needs alot of oil…

Thanks cat cat! Ya, he’s a pretty good cook but he’s quite busy with work, so normally only cook on the weekends. 🙂

• eastmeetswestkitchen October 11, 2007, 6:22 am

Waaaah! Your husband’s a chef too, just like you! Nice hor fan leh!

Just a BBQ & noodle chef!! hehe……

• Mama Bok October 11, 2007, 4:12 pm

My favourite..!! i pay 10 bucks to get this from the chinese restaurant here.. 🙁 and gotta wait for an hour for it..! coz’ the boss said.. gotta soak the hor fun wor..???!!?? true or not..??

Wah, 1 hour & somemore so expensive!! Actually if they have all the ingredients ready, it only takes 5 minutes! But I think since it’s probably not ordered often, they have to prepare everything from scratch. He’s probably using dried hor fun that’s why he has to soak it. I use the fresh hor fun so no need to soak. But still 1 hour very longleh…..

• bp October 11, 2007, 4:57 pm

Like you, I also don’t use a lot of oil.

Your DH’s kway teow looks so yum!

Thanks BP! I usually stay away from the kitchen when he cooks this ‘cos I will be so tempted to ask him to reduce the oil!! hehe…

• The Cooking Ninja October 12, 2007, 8:45 am

so nice your hubby can cook Beef Kway Teow for you. I wish mine could. It’s me who has to cook it and he enjoys it. 🙁

Cooking Ninja, he loves to eat so he’s got no choice but to cook for himself ‘cos I’m not good at it. 🙂

• Gertrude October 14, 2007, 12:29 am

Wow, you hubby really can cook. The Beef Kway Teow looks really good. You should ask him to cook more often so you can goyang kaki 🙂

Gertrude, actually he does cook quite often on the weekends. 🙂 I will cook on the weekdays since I’m not working mah 😛

• The Cooking Ninja October 15, 2007, 7:09 am

hehehe…totally agree with you on the oil part. Mine loves to eat Asian food especially Indian food but he prefers that I do the cooking. His reasonings is that I’m Asian so I know how to cook Asian food than him. hahaha

Ur hubby’s very smart!! hehe…