≑ Menu

Bento #1 & #2

Ever since my little one started pre-school 2 weeks ago, I started packing lunch for her because after school, I will bring her to the park or mall depending on the weather. She’s not a very good eater so in order to encourage her to eat, I started makingΒ Bento lunches. I find that she’s enjoying her food more when I make Bentos. I will be including the Bentos in this blog just for fun.

Here’s a couple of the bentos I did during the 1st week of school.

Bento #1: Turkey sandwich, cheese, celery with peanut butter, cherry tomatoes on a stick & dip.
Bento #1

Bento #2: Homemade mini hotdog bun, string cheese on a stick & grapes. Pretzels & wafer cookie were for snack time.
Bento #2

• chinnee September 23, 2007, 12:15 pm

I also want a MUMMY like that !!!!!!!!!!!

you want me to make a bento for u too?? hehehe……

• Little Corner of Mine September 23, 2007, 8:53 pm

Your bentos are really cute!

Thanks! πŸ™‚

• cat cat September 24, 2007, 1:29 am

I showed Annabel your bento set and she was all excited.
    She thought that’s what she is going to have for lunch tomorrow at school. She said it’s so cute and wanted the same thing for lunch.
    I have to find bento set and cookies cutters… Thanks for the idea. πŸ™‚

You’re welcome!! πŸ™‚ You can get cookie cutters from Michaels or Joann’s. The bento set might be a little harder to find. U can get it on ebay or just use any tupperwares. It will work too. Have fun making lunch for Annabel!! πŸ™‚

• Happy Homebaker September 24, 2007, 9:41 am

Even though I don’t really have to make bento sets to make my kids eat their meals, I actually enjoy making it, I have such fun setting up the little food items. can’t wait to see your future bento postings πŸ™‚

Yep, I agree. I love making it as much as my little one likes eating it. πŸ™‚

• mommibee September 25, 2007, 12:26 pm

aiyooo sooo cute! even my hubby will eat them if he sees something presented to him in such cute way haha

Thanks, G!

• Jo-N October 1, 2007, 6:22 am

First time here and I think I should visit more often. This is the set my children would finish fast without nagging. My kids are choosy and everytime I force them to eat everything, they eat very slowly. So, I should learn from you to make food more “interesting” for them.

Hi Jo-N, welcome! I have a picky eater too that’s why I started making bentos to encourage her to eat. Do drop by often. Will try to post more ideas. πŸ™‚

• Bento Pet October 3, 2007, 2:05 am

Welcome to Bento-ing! Hope to see more soon!

Thanks, Bento Pet! There’s definitely more soon! πŸ™‚