Steamboat

It’s labor day weekend and that means a 3 day weekend for us. Usually on a long weekend, we will try to go out of town but this weekend, we decided to hang around locally, explore some local attractions and pig-out instead!!

steamboat

Started off the weekend with steamboat. Clear ikan bilis (anchovies) soup on one side and spicy tomyum on the other. Loaded with lots of veg, mushroom, fishball, eggs and noodles, it was a very satisfying meal!! 😀 What do you like in your steamboat??

• Cat Cat September 3, 2007, 2:41 am

Mommy,

I wish I had ‘kaki’ here to eat steamboat. My hubby not much of steamboat but he loves fondue (American style with oil).

Your tomyam soup base looks good…
    Enjoy your meal.

• Little Corner of Mine September 3, 2007, 4:48 am

Looks so yummy! I like my steamboat with tofu and thinly sliced marinated chicken and pork plus lots of veggies!

• East Meets West Kitchen September 3, 2007, 6:09 am

Your steamboat looks yummy! Happy Labor Day weekend! 🙂

• Chiwi September 3, 2007, 7:37 am

How come my steamboat never look that good!?!! Sigh, like cat cat, my hubby doesn’t like steamboat, so I don’t get to eat much of it!

• Blur Mommy September 4, 2007, 5:49 am

cat cat: Thks, I did enjoy my meal. 🙂 I’m not much of a cheese fondue fan but love chocolate fondue!

LCOM: I like mine with lots of veggie too.

EMWK: Thks!

Chiwi: just lucky that my pic turn out nice…hehe..

• tigerfish September 4, 2007, 6:52 pm

never tried ikan bilis soup base in a steamboat before. Usually it’s herbal or the usually chicken base.
    But now, it’s so hot to eat steamboat. Need to eat in winter or maybe in air-conditioned environment….hahaha!

• Sue Sue September 5, 2007, 1:10 am

Steamboat is on of my favoruite too. Easy, simple and healthy too. It is so nice to have it during rainy days here.

• keeyit September 5, 2007, 7:33 am

Yummy~
    You may check out this too..

• Judy September 5, 2007, 6:12 pm

Looks so good. I think it’s nearly steamboat time for us here. 🙂

• G @ mommibee.com September 6, 2007, 11:26 am

my fav except tomyam hehe. may i ask if u bought the steamboat from Msia? Runs on gas or electricity?

• Blur Mommy September 6, 2007, 10:34 pm

tigerfish: Weather here a little crazy lately. Cold enuf to eat steamboat one day & hot enuf for BBQ another day! 😛

sue sue: ya, very nice to eat it during rainy days & winter too. 🙂

keeyit: wow, ur steamboat definitely better! Here, we take what we can getlor. 😛 Thanks for dropping by.

Judy: steamboat’s the best for winter, ya?

G: It uses a gas can. Will take a pic for u. 🙂

• wHOisBaBy September 8, 2007, 6:40 am

eiks?! where’s my comment?

I was saing, we also love steamboat, but only have in the winter. I used chicken broth as the base. Then put in spinach, napa, enoki, fishball, squidball, slice beef and pork, some rice noodles. Yummy!

• Blur Mommy September 9, 2007, 5:08 am

whoisbaby: It’s starting to get cold here, so can start steamboat already :)Yum, I love all those too!