Butter Cookies

Ever since my little helper started “helping” me in the kitchen, I’ve been trying to make things that she can help me without messing up. 🙂 So last week, we decided that we would like to make cookies. I decided to use the butter cookies recipe from here.

These were the cookies before going into the oven. The little one had so much fun helping to cut out all the shapes. Notice how some of the cookies needed a little patching up? That’s ‘cos the little one got a little impatient and tried to do it without my help 😛
Butter Cookies 1

Fresh from the oven……
Butter Cookies 2

They turned out really good! Great for tea-time. I had to stop the little helper from eating them while still hot! 🙂

• Happy Homebaker August 30, 2007, 11:12 pm

Hi, I like your cookie cutters…especially the one with the tulip shape 🙂 It’s great to have your little helper to bake with you! I always have fun when my 2 helpers ‘help up’…though they tend to mess things up a little ;p

• Cat Cat August 31, 2007, 2:22 am

My eldest also like to key poh in the kitchen when I cook. Nak stir this and that.
    Your cookies looks good. Did you use cookies cutter? I saw alot of cookies cutter in Michael’s – so tempted wanted to buy some.

• Blur Mommy August 31, 2007, 7:42 am

Happy Homebaker: Thanks! Yep, mine makes a big mess when she helps out. 🙂

cat cat: Thanks! Mine also like that. Want to pour this, mix that till most of the flour end up on the floor!! I had to measure again. hehe…. Ya, I use cookie cutters. I use them a lot to cut sandwiches, cheese, cucumber etc.. 🙂

• East Meets West Kitchen August 31, 2007, 12:53 pm

I love butter cookies, and your cookie cutter shapes are SO cute! 🙂

• tigerfish August 31, 2007, 3:50 pm

where you get your cutter from? daiso? 😛

• LA My Home August 31, 2007, 4:06 pm

yummy, butter cookies. i know i won’t have the time to do any baking.

• Blur Mommy August 31, 2007, 5:27 pm

EMWK: Thanks!

tigerfish: Noleh, actually it’s from my own collection..hehe.. Have been collecting them for a while.

lamyhome: Maybe when Brandon’s a little older, you’ll have more time. 🙂

• Little Corner of Mine August 31, 2007, 10:12 pm

Nice looking butter cookies! This recipe hold the shapes really well, perhaps I should try it too! 😉

• Sue Sue September 1, 2007, 4:45 pm

Wow, nice cookies cutter. So cute.

• Judy September 2, 2007, 3:39 pm

Very creative. I have no doubt the cookies were tasty with little helper’s assistance.

• Blur Mommy September 4, 2007, 5:53 am

LCOM: The only problem I had was a little difficulty in moving it from the tabletop to the baking tray. But otherwise it was an easy recipe. U shld try it with ur gals.It will be fun. 🙂

sue sue: Thanks!

judy: the little one insisted on all the different shapes 🙂

• G @ mommibee.com September 6, 2007, 11:27 am

looks so cute and yummy! the lil helper must hv had loads of fun helping and eating. cant wait for mine to grow up and do such fun albeit messy things together 🙂