When I was in Malaysia, I love to eat Kam Heong (literally translated as gold & fragrant) Lala (clams) The hae-bee (dried shrimp) combined with chili & curry leaves makes Kam Heong sauce very appetising. So when I saw this recipe in my recipe book for Kam Heong Udon Noodles, I just had to try it out. It turned out really good. Will definitely make it again.
Recipe for Kam Heong sauce:
100gm dried shrimp
1 tbsp garlic
6 chili padi
2 tbsp curry powder
3 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
- Chopped the dried prawns, garlic & shallots finely.
- Heat up oil & saute #1 till fragrant.
- Add in seasoning & curry leaves & chili padi & stir-fry till fragrant. Remove from heat.
This Kam Heong sauce can be made ahead of time & can be used for chicken, shrimp or even crab.
For Kam Heong Noodles:
400 gm udon noodles
100 gm shrimp
veg (cabbage, zucchini, carrot or any veg that you like)
5 tbsp Kam Heong Sauce.
- Heat up a little oil & saute Kam Heong sauce till fragrant.
- Add in veg, shrimp & squid & stir fry till well-mixed
- Add in udon noodles & stir fry till well mixed. Serves 3 – 4